100 day stash attack – Windmill landscape card

windmill card

Up first in my 100 days of stash busting is this card.  It’s based off a large piece I finished recently in a textiles class, which used synthetic materials to create coastal scene which resonated with me.  This card version is made from scraps of linen I had left from making tea towels.

I used Dylon fabric paints and Derwent Intense Blocks to colour the strips of linen, and then sewed them together by hand with running stitch.

Then, I stitched the joined pieces to stitch n tear so that I could secure it in an embroidery hoop and add detail to the sky.

Finally, I finished by stitching the windmill on by free machine embroidery.

This card is going to be given as an wedding anniversary card.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s